Now-a-days, all the computer users are highly concerned about the security of their accounts and devices and thus, to keep them safe and secure, they apply a password on them. The users can easily enhance their account security by changing it periodically. Thus, Karpersky antivirus has involved an advanced feature i.e. Password Expiration to its antivirus product, in order to notify its users about to change the password of the Kaspersky account, periodically.
By enabling the feature of Password Expiration, the password of the Kaspersky account remains valid for the time period of 180 days (i.e. time duration of 6 months). Thus, it becomes mandatory for the user to change the password of the Kaspersky account after every 180 days.
Steps to enable the Password Expiration to the Kaspersky Account are as follows:
- Firstly, login to the Kaspersky My Account by accessing the sign in page of the Kaspersky.
- After signing in to the Kaspersky account, click the link having the users’ email address displayed at the upper right corner of the main page of the account.
- After this, select the “Account Settings” option from the drop down menu appeared on the screen.
- Here, go to the “Password” section.
- On the Password tab, mark the checkbox displayed in front of “Automatically request password change every 180 days” so as to turn-on the in-built feature of password expiration.
(Important Note: If the users are unable to locate the feature of Password Expiration on their Kaspersky account then, they may access the contact section of the activation.kaspersky.com.)
- Again, enter the password in the space provided to the users.
- And then, click the “Continue” button.
Thus, the password expiration has been enabled on the Kaspersky account and after every 180 days, the users will be prompted or notified to change the password of the account. Sometimes the users may face some common issues while changing the password of the Kaspersky account. Thus, in the below information, the steps to change the password of the Kaspersky have been detailed. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the “Account Settings” option by tapping the link that is being displayed at the upper right corner of the account page.
- And then, click the “Password” tab.
- Now, enter a new password in the “New Password” field and then, re-enter it to the “Confirm Password” field.
- At last, click the “Save” button to save the all the changes that have been made by the users on their Kaspersky account.
After this, a confirmation window will be displayed on the screen. Here, enter the current Kaspersky password to confirm the changes made to the account. Thus, the new password will be saved for the Kaspersky account.